Be prepared for your next iPhone shoot! Everything you need to know, before you even press record.
Here’s the cheat sheet:
- How much memory is available on your phone? Do you have a 16 GB or 128 GB phone? If your storage is smaller, delete excess media (old videos, music, photos) to clear out space.
- Make sure you have a fully charged battery and consider bringing an external battery, just in case.
- Figure out how you’re going to stabilize your image! No one likes shaky video. Check your Image Stabilization settings and consider using a mount.
- Know which resolution you plan to shoot in. For videos that will go online, go with at least 720 if your short on memory on your phone but 1080 is a better bet if you’ll be mixing this footage with footage from DSLR’s or other cameras.
- Plan how you will capture audio! Are you overlaying music so don’t need to worry about it? Or should you look into an external mic or 2nd phone to capture sound bites? Check out more of our resources for recording audio here.
Video by the smart folks at FilmMic Pro.